Sunday, March 20, 2011

Walking the Kid


Having older kids in the neighborhood is as good a reason as any to live in a house. The 10-year old girl and 6-year old boy across the street have taken quite a liking to my 3-year old.

They love to come over and fight over what is more important: getting to ride on his tractor or dressing him up like a teenager, glittery eyeshadow included.

It gives me time to shower and drink wine in peace, so I let them put bows in his hair and ride on toys that are made for toddlers.

They just walked by the house with a giant rope tied around Baby Boy's waist.

"Whatcha all doing with that rope?" I asked out the window.

"Oh, it's just to make sure we don't lose him again."

That "again" part would be enough to make me worry...if I didn't have to take a shower very badly...

No comments:

Post a Comment