Monday, May 23, 2011

Are You There God? It's Me the Weather Nazi.


Baby Boy asked me for a kite. Knowing his only experience with a kite is in the Curious George book when George gets swept up into the sky and the Man with the Yellow Hat has to rescue him with a helicopter, I said "yes."

I am not a dream squisher.

But there has been no wind.

After several days of hearing him whine about the weather, I said "If you want to complain to someone, you will have to talk to God." As I dialed my father.

"Hi is this GOD? I have a boy here that needs to talk to you about the lack of wind."

My confused father kept BB occupied for a few minutes as I opened some wine.

About an hour later, I heard BB talking on the phone. Thinking he was just playing around, I smiled as I listened to him tell "God" that he wants ice cream for dinner.

Funny, right?

Guess who doesn't think it's funny?

9-1-1.

Somehow he called the police. I stopped him before the sheriff was dispatched to arrest me.

Are you there, God? It's me the felon.

No comments:

Post a Comment