Monday, July 19, 2010

Discussion Topic of the Day--want your input!!


Don't get me wrong, I love being a SAHM, but lately I am feeling kind of depressed and personally unfilled. Not that I am dying to go back to a 9-5er either, but there are days when I feel utterly mentally un-challenged (not that trying to decipher what this hour's whine session is about isn't a challenge) and dying for some interaction that doesn't involve poop and things that are sticky.

I don't want to lose who I was/am pre-baby and pre-marriage and I feel like that person is a shadow. I don't have the time to be writing books and sending out queries to national magazines like I want to. By 7pm I am so drained and exhausted that even doing the mounds of laundry seems like a marathon.

When I try to talk to DH about it, he says, "But you GET to stay home." and I'm like "Yeah, but you GET to go to work."

I realize this phase of having little ones is fleeting and I should be loving every single minute of it--but let's have a honest come to jesus about this whole SAH-thing.

How do you really feel about it? Do you have periods when you wish you could be sitting at a desk, emailing, going pee alone and having a lunch break or are you 100% happy being at home with the kids? And on the flip side, those of you that do go to work, do you wish you could be at home?

No comments:

Post a Comment