Friday, August 20, 2010

Sexy Twilight


I never read Harry Potter. I have never read any of the Twilight books. But I was at BFF's house yesterday and she the first Twilight book in a box.

"Did you actually read this?" I asked cautiously, assuming she would have mentioned it.

She hadn't but I took it home. I need a light read after Little Bee.

However, I care a lot about what people think. That is why I always rip off anything having to do with Oprah's seal of approval or if a book has the movie characters on it. I certainly didn't want to be seen as a middle 30's sad housewife trying to grasp a bit a fantasy while reading about sex with vampires and wolves.

The book was pretty worn so I didn't feel too guilty about ripping the cover off before heading into a restaurant to wait for Darling Husband.

I sat at the bar and opened the book. Sadly, I had ripped off most of the binding glue and hundreds of pages fluttered to the ground.

It was the opposite way I wanted to draw attention to myself as people crawled around gathering pages, all stamped TWILIGHT across the top.

"I have a teenage daughter," I stammered.

I don't think anyone bought it.

No comments:

Post a Comment