Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sexy Smoked Salmon


We had a bunch of people over for the annual Reggae weekend at our ski place. Since it is usually the last weekend up there for the season, the cupboards are pretty bare-boned.; we ran out of dog food on Friday.

The last thing I wanted to do was drive to the supermarket (a whole 1.4 miles away) so I stared into the fridge wondering what I could feed the dog that would sate him as well as not make him sick. Burritos: No. Birthday Cake: No. Chicken Parm: No.

Then I saw a tupperware filled with perfect-pink pieces of smoked salmon. That would do the trick--people would have to eat their bagels without lox, but whatever.

Then I overhear Paul saying how excited he was to eat the salmon that Chris had not only caught but had spent the week smoking and seasoning into a breakfast treat.

Crap, crap , crap. Good thing I make a mind-numbing Bloody Mary--"What salmon? Here have this while we look..."

No comments:

Post a Comment