Monday, April 12, 2010

UnSexy Diet Disclosure


I make Darling Husband's lunch for him to eat at work each day. (The money saved from his daily restaurant trips goes straight into my Starbuck's fund.) An average lunch consists of a salad with tuna, carrots and hummus, almonds, granola--basically, very healthy.

Yet, over the past few months, Darling Husband hasn't been losing any weight. I have found evidence of Dunkin' Donuts and Funyun wrappers in the trash but since I saw them while burying shopping bags and credit card bills, I figured silence was no harm no foul.

Last Friday he was groaning and whining that his stomach was killing him. Knowing nothing I packed would cause such discomfort, I got him to admit he had a (gag) D'Angelo's Steak and Cheese Bomb for lunch.

"And you wonder why you are dying in pain?" I ask.

"Well, I got it on wheat."

Ah, men and their justifications...

No comments:

Post a Comment